Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spanish Red



This is a wine my beautiful sister Elizabeth gave me from her wine shop. I really enjoyed it. I would definitely drink it again. The first taste was very raspberry. Stronger than I had ever tasted. Much of the flavor was in the aroma. Subsequent sips didn't hold the same raspberry sensation. It might have gone into a blackcurrant, I don't really know how that tastes. I drank the wine within a week, replacing the cork from the bottle between meals. It remained a great tasting wine to the last glass. It is a Spanish wine and it wasn't expensive ($8.50). I will definitely be writing more about this wine.

From the winemaker’s website.

COLOMA Garnacha Roja (2005).
Varieties: 100% Garnacha roja.
Young red wine
Vineyard estate: ViƱa Amelia

Tasting Notes: a bright and intense purple-red, with wild berry fruits notes, offering a fine very fruity aroma with blackcurrant and raspberry notes. Smooth, elegant and rounded with a well structured palate and long aftertaste.

Recommended for: carpaccios, pasta, game, meat, vegetables and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?