Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I want to be classy about this so, all I want to say is one of my favorite podcasts has bitten the big one. It didn't podfade. It didn't even change that much. But now it displeases. I have to break up with it. It just slipped across a line in my mind between good and bad taste. Elements of immature frat-humor were always present, but when I start to feel like I'm getting dumber listening to a show and embarrassed to think anyone might associate me as a listener of a show, It is time to vote with my feet.

It might sound like I'm upset. It is a lost for me. It was free. It was fun. For awhile there was the illusion I was having fun with the podcasters and that was a high. But Podcasting should be the most fun for the show hosts. Otherwise, why do it? Now other shows need my support.

Here is a show that I urge you to try: Decoder Ring Theater This would not be for everyone's taste. It is a nostalgia trip. It would be great to play in the car on a trip with kids. The show is a group of voice actors bringing back the golden age of radio. In the past they have created Sci-Fi and The Shadow like serials, that are pretty much pitched to kids. The Red Panda series is “cute”. I prefer their current show of Black Jack Justice. A show about two detectives one male and one female. They are equal to the task and equals to each other. This series on Decoder Ring Theater is also cute, but a little more adult cute. I would say that kids 5-10 might go for the Red Panda and kids 12-45 might enjoy Black Jack Justice. Decoder Ring Theater holds the honor of being one of the few shows this tightwad has ever contributed actual money too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?